Friday 6 April 2007

Resignation Letter of the Year!

I have always wanted to go to a job interview and be entirely honest in response to questions. For example:

"Why do you want to work for this company?" - "I don't really, I just need the money".

"Why did you leave your old job" - "I couldn't stand the manager, the pay was terrible and I was bored out of my mind".

Of course, I am much too much of a sissy to do any of this in real life (though, who knows, maybe my older self will enjoy that sort of challenge). But I was so impressed when my friend Jonay showed me his last resignation letter. Let this be an inspiration to you!

'Dear Manager,

My name is Jonay Pelluz, my pay number is XXX/XXXXX and I have been in Royal Mail working, or what it's really true, trying to look busy when the manager is around, for more than 3 years and when I think about this I am surprised I didn't leave before. I am writing this letter because I want to resign from my job as of 11th September 2006. I suppose at this point of the letter you are thinking why?

I resign because the job is affecting my health, I am going back to Spain, it's deeply boring and I am sick of it. Although, to be honest, I resign because I miss:

The Spanish Tapas,
The Spanish Tortilla,
The Galician Octopus,
The Spanish Ham(onsito),
The Spanish Sun,
My girlfriend,
To have a night out until 8 o'clock in the morning,
And more things that I don't write because I don't think you are interested about them.

On the other hand I have to say, I will miss:
The English beer,
The English barbecues,
The English breakfast,
The English humour,
All my friends in the Post Office,
And my flatmates.

So, take care."

No comments: